Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day and Normalcy!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there! Yesterday was a great day, I got to spend it with my husband and daughter and they are truly the best :)

I said to my husband today, I feel normal again....  I've been in such pain and depression with all of this cancer stuff that finally I feel like "Nicole" again.  I had a check up last week with my Dr - all of my blood work was great, my elevated levels were back in normal range again and I scheduled my first set of scans - Cat Scan and MRI for May 17th.  This will show the wonders that my medicine Tarceva is doing to this cancer.  I am pretty excited, although a bit of stress is there, we call it "Scanxiety".  I get the results on May 20th, so those few days in between might be a little nail biting for me!

I looked at photos from our Mother's Day dinner last night today and thought to myself, wow, I am one lucky woman.  This cancer has truly picked the wrong woman! I have such an amazing family support system and I am eternally grateful. I am happy again, I don't think about this stupid cancer 24/7 anymore. I am living life to the fullest, making plans for some fun traveling and very thankful that I am on this targeted therapy that allows me to live as if I am cancer free besides from a few side effects :)



If there is anything I can tell any stranger, any friend, any family member...it's to just BE HAPPY.  Be happy with what you have, however big or small.  Realize that, that mole hill that you made into a mountain, is just that, a mole hill.  Life goes on, people come in and out of your life, money comes and goes, but your happiness is one thing that you must never sacrifice!  Love those that love you and enjoy them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment